Tuesday, 25 November 2008

"So much present inside my present, so much past in inside my present"

The past week has been kinda crazy.  I've had some random meltdowns but generally I've been trying to focus on making my last weeks in London amazing.  I'm having the same feelings that I had right before I left Vegas... like I'm going to paralyze myself with sadness if I think about leaving.  I can't express how much I'm going to miss this place.  The people, places, and the adventures are incomparable.  

I went to the London temple on Friday for the last time.  There was construction happening on the outside and they said it was because they are going to put an Angel Moroni on top!  Amazing!  Going to the temple was exactly what I needed.  I had a terrible day but the peace and comfort in the temple was indescribable.  The temple is about an hour by train outside of London so it's kinda in the middle of nowhere.  The quiet countryside surroundings only added to my comfort.  It was the first time that I had seen stars in England!  I usually only see clouds and pollution but that night was perfect.

The whole weekend was great.  Saturday was fun chillin with Josh and Sunday was my roommate Ferne's birthday.  Yep, that's Ferne with a bucket on her head.  It was a good weekend.

I've made a list of all the things that I want to do before I leave and I'm slowly ticking things off the list.  Yesterday Josh and I went to the V&A and Science museums.  Walking around museums could be one of my favorite activities whether I'm by myself listening to my ipod and slowly examining paintings or if I'm being quizzed by Josh about the significance of middle eastern geometric art.  Sigh... I'm going to miss that...

Alright, lets get down to business for a bit.  I'd like to address some things that happened from the last blog.  First I'd like to say that, I didn't even know that people read this blog besides my grandparents.  Second, I didn't know that people really cared about what I think about life.  Third, I didn't know I hate homosexuals... oh wait... I don't.

Lets recap some of the fun things people said:  "Living in your sheltered little, mormon world you have probably never had an in-depth conversation with a gay or lesbian person."  "I'm hardly religious at all and i know right now, you are a moron. plain and simple."  "How could you be so full of hate? Think twice before you open your fat mouth and let bullshit stream from your lips."  "Do you get ridiculed for your religious beliefs?"  And my personal favorite: "Go ahead and hold on to your religious convictions as narrow-minded as they may be, but do not under any circumstances think that you have any right to take someone elses rights away from them. For your sake I hope that one day you don't have to tell your own gay child that they are not allowed to marry because you and those like you said so." Way to talk about my unborn children you random person!  Whew... lets simmer down now.  

First of all, I'd like to ask, who the eff are you anonymous people?  Do I know you?  If so, come clean!  Whatever you have to say, say it.  I can handle a disagreement.  I can't handle a mask of anonymity- the deception disgusts me.  The anonymous comments were not trying to create understanding or solution.  They were meant to publicly belittle and label me to discredit my opinions and values.  I was scoffed at by my father (which was not ok) but we agree to disagree and I'm proud he's not a coward.  (By the way, thanks for the defense with A-2 motogimp.)  So go ahead... disagree with me.... but for your sake, I hope I don't find out who you are now.  There won't be any mistake about how I feel about this.  

I'd like to say that I'm overall not pleased with Prop 8.  There has to be another solution to this rubbish.  I don't begrudge anyone's happiness nor am I of the thinking that homosexuals should "burn in hell."  I believe that marriage is of God and therefore sacred.  As pointed out in another comment, "What about the right of the religious members of our country to protect what they consider sacred?"

Go read all the comments from the last blog.  John and Josh had some valid points that I agree with.  Feel free to continue leaving rude comments on my page if you like.  Just know that it's not going to get you anywhere.  Unless you have something constructive to say, don't expect me to get back to you.  And for heaven's sake, if I know you, say who you are.  We'll get some herbal tea and crumpets and talk.... unless that sounds too narrow minded and religious for you...

The funny thing about all this crap is that I'm not even registered as a California voter yet.  Haha!

***Special apologies to my sweet young cousins and sisters (who besides my grandparents also read this blog)  for the contentious content***

Lets end on a happy note- here are some randoms:

- One night when Josh and I were in Soho we saw Robin Williams.  Weird.  He's much shorter than I expected.  He was like 5'6''!

- While walking around near Kings Cross station at about 11:30pm, Josh and I saw a fox!  Running around in the city!  So weird...

-These last pictures are from the Science museum.  There was a plastic exhibit and they have red plastic curtains/blinds throughout.  I had some fun tweaking the exposures and making the colors weird.  


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, hate to say I was right, but I knew this one would get people going!!
Politics and church. The only thing I can honestly say about these topics..... I hate em both!
Scoffed at by your father? You might need to clarify the meaning of Scoff to me some day. Maybe when you get back. See you soon. HA HA HA

Move on to important things!!

Alex Dye said...

Well, I'm late to the party I see..

It's too bad people can't discuss sensitive issues without letting their emotions get out of control, no progress will ever get made like that.

In any case, good to know you're coming back, America misses you!

Anonymous said...

You find out who said all those things and you let me know who thought it was okay to speak to you like this. i know people. nobody messes with my misty like that! whether they agree with what you said or not they don't know you.

chicago has brought out a beast in me lol. i am ready to fight at a moments notice.

Frown Like A Thunderstorm said...

Did you say hi to Robin (Williams) for me? Man I miss that crazy codger...

Anonymous said...

Misty,
You slacker!! I am hoping for another Tom Leykis controversial topic before you leave, so please write something about Religion or how Obama, I mean Biden, will change the world. Or maybe how Pluto should be a planet.
Actually, leave all that crap aside and write about what youre doing for your last days ever in London and how So Cal (and AZ and UT) will be your new home again.
Lee Barrett