Yes America, your favorite Native American will return on Wednesday afternoon. She may be a bit jet lagged but she's just as fabulous, if not heaps more fabulous from her European domination.
Earlier this year in May, I was bawling after my "going away" party in Las Vegas. After about a solid hour of crying and lamenting my decision to move to London, Dave said, "You are going to have an amazing time. 6 months from now, you are going to be doing the same thing in London- crying- because of the loved ones you will leave behind." He was more right than I'd like to admit.
I can't tell you all how gutted I am to be leaving London. I have met people who have changed my life forever. My experiences are now confined to dream-like visions that I hope never leave my mind. It's so painful. Painful.
I wish I could stay but the visa process is both lengthy and expensive. It's not necessarily impossible but I want to be home for a little while. I have no idea what I want to do... where I want to move... or where I'll be 2 months from now... and to be honest, I don't care. I'm letting things fall where they may.
So here I go... California here I come, right back where I started from.

3 comments:
Misty!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you!!! I can't wait to hear of some London tales and see amazing pictures! I love you and miss you!!!
Misty,
Let me, the smartest human being you will ever know, possibly in the whole world, shed some light on this tough situation.
For starters, you have been alive for 280+ months. You have known your new friends for less than 6 of those months. Therefore, you have known them for less than 2% of your life. In my mathematical deduction, leaving them behind is 97% easier than leaving family behind. But, of course, I will factor in some variables. Since you like your family roughly 50% as much as your friends, there is a slight reduction of 13%. Also noted, the *newness* factor. This adds another 17% to your current surroundings. If you consider the *scare* factor, of leaving a comfortable place to come back and figure out the rest of your life (what state to live, where to work, who to marry, how many kids to have, what their names will be, etc.).... then you have to add another 25%.
As a result, YOU ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!
Just kidding. Just keep in contact with your new pals through technology and visit each other every year and you’ll be fine.
Be safe and see you later this week.
Lee
oh i see how it is you move back to california once i move away huh? j/k well it gives me just another excuse to visit soon is all. i'm glad to see you back in the states but sad no more london :( hopefully you developed an english accent.
Post a Comment