Saturday, 12 June 2010

Bummer Blog

Provo, Utah is known for BYU... Mormons.... Beautiful Mountains... Yep, that's about all I can come up with right now. Lets get to the point, I'm not writing this blog post to tell you that Provo should be your next vacation spot.... because well..... I hate it.

I Hate Provo.

Some of you may leave comments about how I "didn't find my niche" or how I did something to have the God of Provo spit fireballs at me but I won't listen. Lesson that I learned from Provo, people can hide an awful lot to uphold a certain appearance. For those of you that think it is great, good for you. Maybe I just hit the lotto of terrible people/experiences. The reason I am saying all of this is because I'm setting you up for the backdrop of my romantic adventure with Josh... it's a miracle our love could grow amongst filth.

Josh and I began a wonderful summer together in 2009. He took me to my first MLS game. We enjoyed the cool summer nights. We traveled to Salt Lake City for delicious food and entertainment. We went to Josh's family reunion. We traveled occasionally to Vegas. As the fall started to set in, things became even more magical. The leaves changed color. We went to California and met my new step baby brother, We had a beautiful Thanksgiving in St. George and life was wonderful. Our love was growing. We laughed together, watched the same trashy TV shows, we spent every second together. There were some hard times too. We would misunderstand each other and argue. We reacted poorly and there were consequences. We had other stresses outside of our relationship that created strains. When things were hard I wanted to run away.... but I ultimately wanted him. I can recall a time when I thought we weren't going to work out. I sat in my car in front of his house about to drive away but then I stopped. I thought, "Why we would be breaking up?" It stumped me. I wondered what I would tell people why we broke up. I couldn't think of a reason. I think that's the night I absolutely knew i was going to marry him. I knew there was no reason to break up with him. He was the whole package. He was everything that I ever wanted. I let my personal fears of divorce and other stupid fears get in my way of realizing that things were wonderful. After realizing that, I had to get my butt back into the house and tell him I was dumb and that i wanted him in my life permanently.

First came the love... then came the "M" word. It was a long, hard road for me to want to get married but not for Josh. Lots of other people just assumed that he was the one dragging his feet about marriage. People saw us together and just thought, it was him not wanting to settle down. Truth is, we were both scared but... Josh was ready. He patiently waited for me and I'm glad he did. We started making plans to make things official. We had no idea what we were in for. As if things in Provo weren't hard enough sometimes, we were about to have the worst engagement ever.

I've tried to block out most of the bad things that happened but lets see....
- Our invitations were printed with a wrong address and we had to reprint them, at our expense.
- Both of our cars broke down at the same time
- We were in constant battle with a rental company in St. George (which is where we decided to marry) because they not only had the wrong quantities of tables/chairs/etc but they also always had the wrong reception date and time. Idiots.
- Due to some of the restrictions of church and city buildings, our ceremony site fell through about 5 different times in 5 different places. This was mainly the reason that our invitations did not get into the mail until about 28 days before the wedding.
- Various friends/family were expressing offense because of the wedding party, money, other guests that might be in attendance, timing, distance, etc etc
- Things and people we thought we could count on were MIA
- About 2 weeks before the wedding, there was a miscommunication and one of the quotes for our decorations was wrong... by about $8,000. Luckily, we were able to get everything worked out perfectly.
- We felt sick a lot (or maybe I was just never able to get warm because the snow sucks)
- My wedding dress was literally handed to me at 7am the morning we drove down to St. George before the wedding. I had about 7 different fittings for sleeves over a couple months and it just did not get done or there was something wrong with it.
- Some of the bridesmaids dresses took longer than expected and needed to be tailored (like my dress) just days before the wedding.
- We spent money and time in LA chasing down things we were promised, only to find out the guy selling it to us split without letting us know. (I still hate you Edgar.)
- Josh was denied some of the top schools he wanted to go to for his Phd.
- Arsenal (Josh's soccer team) didn't get into any finals and didn't win any silverware, aka, awards/cups.
- Decorations broke/ didn't work out.

Overall, right up until the day before the wedding, everything was a disaster. At that point, I said, Ok, I'm done. I decided I was going to forget it all. The only thing that really mattered was that I would get married. Family was starting to arrive in St. George and it no longer mattered if we all celebrated in a gas station parking lot. Things were starting to change... It began to settle in that I was going to be with Josh forever. My mind doesn't quite understand that concept but I realized that he would be my husband. My team mate. The person I could always count on. The guy in my corner. Josh and Misty v. The World... And nothing else mattered....

2 comments:

motogimp said...

I forgot about your blog till I saw what you sent Jennifer.
Time to start the next blog...maybe something about...grandbabies?? and about how you guys are moving back to socal??? HAHAHAHAHAHA

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/10-olahraga-peninggi-badan