Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Stonehenge and Baaaaath

This is blog is really late but I know some of you really wanted to know more about my trip so here we go.  England is so beautiful right now.  I've never experienced "fall" weather before- I'm a California girl.   The weather has cooled quickly and leaves are changing color.  Sidewalks covered in leaves make my day brighter as I shuffle my feet happily through them.  

I recently went to Stonehenge and Bath with Josh and Tom.  The weather seemed to compliment the cozy town of Bath.  When we first arrived it was a bit rainy so we ducked inside an old book shop, an antique store, and random clothing stores.  

I have been to some other cities outside London but this one was really exceptional because of the feeling there.  It was calm and strolling through the streets for 4 hours passes by quickly.  We were able to see the Royal Crescent, see the Jane Austin museum on Gay Street (yes, very fitting), and tour the Roman Baths.  

There was a mix up with our bus schedule so by the time we left Bath and went to Stonehenge, Stonehenge had just closed for the day.  It was pretty disappointing...  It wasn't that bad though we didn't have to pay to get in and really, we would have only been on the other side of the gate, 6 feet closer.  They don't let you get close enough to touch them or anything.  Sad... 

I can't wait to travel around England a little bit more.  My time feels like it's running out so quickly... if you have any suggestions on some cool places to travel in England let me know.  I still need to find some pretty English countryside to ride a bike through...

No comments: