Today is my last day of the trip and I had a rough start. I ignored my alarm and woke up when my grandpa called to ask me why I wasn't downstairs. Luckily, I had everything packed last night so I threw some clothes on, brushed my teeth and hurried out the door. I didn't even get to say goodbye to the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. =(
We started on our way by driving on to a beach. Some fishers had gotten there and had set up their poles. They cast off very far out because the water is soooo shallow. The beaches here aren't like the beaches I am used to. To get out to water that goes over your knees you have to walk quite far. We looked around for a quick second and went on our way. We are driving around the Dingle peninsula right now. Yes, Dingle. We stopped in Dingle and found this little beauty:
We kept driving through Slea Head and now we are at some really pretty cliffs. My grandpa walked down to the beach and the rest of us opted to stay here. I am SO COLD! I have spent about 90% of this trip freezing! It's the worst when we're tromping around in the rain and mud and the bottom of your jeans get all wet!
After some debate, we decided to go on the Blaster Island tour. It actually wasn't a tour at all... but it was beautiful! We walked down a really steep cliff and got on to a boat that could hold about 20 people. We moved toward the island and when we were just a little off shore, they gave us life vests. They ushered us on to a little dingy and we rode the rest of the way on to the island. After climbing the ramp, we were finally on a beautiful island. My grandma was NOT happy (to put it mildly) so my grandpa and I walked around the island a bit. It was the weirdest thing... there were dead animals on the trail but this island was so untouched that they were left rotting on the path! This island had about 10 old houses/ruins and about 4 new buildings that might have been homes. It was perfectly green and clear. We walked down to the beach and I decided to sit and take in the sights while my grandpa hiked around because of his ADD (I swear, he cannot sit still!). While I was chillin on the beach, some seals came up really close to the shore. They were swimming around in the waves and poking their heads up out of the water at me. Cool eh?
We stopped at a small little pub just out from the cliffs and had a nice lunch. They had this fruity/tomato relish stuff for our sandwiches that was tasty! The man that worked at the bar was cool. Everyone left me at the table by myself and so he came over and sat down to chat with me. Irish people seem to be really chatty. He asked me where I was from and started talking about Americans he had met. He told me about how his sister made the soup and it's so good that an hour after she makes it, it's gone. I like it here for that reason. People are so quick to talk to you and tell you their life story. Haha!
A ferry ride after that and we were at the airport. Its hard to explain how I felt. I was going home to London... home. They say home is where the heart is. A big part of my heart is in Las Vegas still. The hour ride back to London felt like a weekend trip from California back to Vegas. I was sad to say good bye to my grandparents. I miss my family heaps... I had a lot of fun though. Its really fun because I'll be back in California in almost exactly 3 months.
Well, that's the end of my Scotland and Ireland adventures.... they are unforgettable. Thank you for letting me go with you So-oh and Bobby. I love you guys!
Right before I left I downloaded all of my grandpa's pictures to my computer. He's quite the photographer!




2 comments:
Hey Misty. I like your blog and it sounds like you are having a great time in London. Ryan and I have a blog also. You should check it out. IT is ryanandheatherwest.blogspot.com Talk to you later.
Ugh! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Scotland and Ireland. But I want to not be a tourist while I'm there, I'd love to experience things the way the locals do. So you'll have to give me a heads up of what to see or where to eat if I ever go.
Post a Comment