Today our adventures have taken us along the coast. We left the hotel at our usual time of 10 am and made our way to random places. We stopped at a random peat history place. We saw how farmers lived when farming peat. Exciting huh? It gets better. The heaps of peat weren't the only attraction in this sorry little "museum." We also saw 2 MASSIVE irish wolf dogs and 1 tiny fallebella horse! The Irish caretaker of the horse was nudging it to make friends with the dogs that were twice it's size but the horse wasn't having it and kept hiding his head between the Irish man's legs. So adorable...
Right now we are looking at the Dingle peninsula. We stopped at a scenic point and in front of us there was a top of a mountain that you could climb. My grandpa and I shimmied up the hill and took in a panoramic view at the top. Wow... on all sides of you there is a gorgeous view! We took some good pictures up there. It was super windy at the top and you can barely stand! It wasn't so bad going up but coming down was rubbish because it was so slippery with mud and goat poo. It was a good moment to to spend with my grandpa- its one of those sweet memories.
After lunch in Ballinskelligs Bay, we stopped to find a nice little beach in Glenbeg cove. It was beautiful! The wind wasn't so harsh since we were in a cove. There were some jelly fish washed up on the beach and when you looked out into the water, you could see more jelly fish that were dead and just waiting for the tide to pull them in. When my grandpa and I got down to the beach, other people that had been there before us wrote "Teddy" on the beach. It was odd... that's my grandpa's nickname! I took off my boots and ran around on the beach a little. The sand was so soft and the water freezing cold! When the sun is shining it pierces right through you and warms you up. It's lovely. We left just as a bunch of tourists were shedding their clothing to get into the water... crazy tourists.
We stopped again for a spot of ice cream and did some sheep hunting!
We then stopped at a scenic point and there was this random guy just jamming away on his banjo! We went and gave him some money and I told my grandpa that we had to give him a little dance. He said "No way! No!" but I grabbed his elbow in mine and started twirling around. He started skipping a bit too- Haha!
Something I really wanted to do was ride a bike. Of course my grandpa is always up for an adventure so when we got back into town we rented some bikes and went out for an hour. It was perfect! We went along a path that goes from our hotel to a castle. It was gorgeous. The sun was just peaking from the clouds, the birds were chirping, cows mooing, river running... You couldn't have asked for more perfect conditions. As we were riding, I saw a deer! It was a wee tan colored deer. We stared at each other for awhile until it slowly walked back into the forest. I really wish I had pictures of our ride. Above all, it was great to spend some time with just my grandpa. I've always appreciated him and the opportunities he's given me but this trip has really helped me to appreciate certain things about his personality. He is intelligent, positive, and hard working. Just being around him has made me want to be more healthy and hard working. I really appreciate and love him.
That night we went to a restaurant called Salvador's and of course ate some more good food. I've seriously gained some weight... haha!

1 comment:
mmmm i can't wait till haloween so i can get hold on, * clearing throat* MMMMM CANDY CORN!!! (bugs life)
iChicken
Post a Comment