Saturday, 2 August 2008

"People say to me just be yourself, it makes no sense to follow fashion. How could I be anybody else? I don't try. I've got no reason"

I finally went to Camden Town!!! I have been to some of the fashion districts in New York and LA but I have never been to a place like Camden. Wow. I loved it. It was truly one of the coolest places I have ever been. My friend Jared aka Jazz holla'd at me on a Saturday morning and asked if I wanted to go that afternoon. He's a cool kid that wants to be a music producer so he digs the whole Camden scene too.

During our adventure, we found the strand of canals that run next to the markets. While we were there, I watched a pack of teenage girls that were so cute with a gothic twist. They looked like they were on their way to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. I wished I knew what their look was called. It was well cool. We sat for awhile and watched boats go through the canal... until it started to rain... a lot.

We ducked inside some covered
markets and I got a sweet black bracelet. We wandered around dozens of markets and tucked into the cheap food.


The shopping was much more than clothes- it was everything and anything you could think of. It was overwhelming- shoes, gothic anything, bags, hair extensions, and clothes weird enough to make you presentable to the mothership. Jazz humored my inspection of everything even though he'd already be there. I had a good time.

Later on that day, it just got better. I went out with my roommate Larissa and two other friends, Ryan and Justin. They are wonderful people and I seriously love spending time with all of them.

We went to South Bank and ate food on the grass at the foot of the London Eye. The weather was beautiful and we just relaxed and chatted. The day was complete.





I took these 2 last pictures when I was wandering around in Camden again one day. I didn't really know where I was but for some reason, it's so easy to find the beauty in everything. There are so many things that I love here.

Every so often I have a moment where I take a deep breath and try to feel everything.

The breeze, smells,
beauty... I want to remember everything.

I devour those moments when it hits me: I made it- I'm here.

4 comments:

cropstar said...

Misty! I just found your blog and it's been so fun to see how you're adjusting to life across the pond. Now I'm itching to go back for a visit!
Sounds like you're having fun! I'll be checking back in so I can live vicariously through you ;)
Vegas misses you! xoxo
~christy

Anonymous said...

We went to Monterey this weekend and I was gonna blog and explain it the same way!!! Very wacky

Alex and Erin said...

I am so jealous Misty I told my life you lived in london and she was super jealous too!! Anyways I miss you and your amazing music taste :)
Alex Nichaj

Anonymous said...

The Specials - Do Nothing. Great tune Misty, but how does a twentysomething West Coast American girl get to know that track?

A Brit in LV