I interviewed with the head and assistant of the HR department. They were wonderful. I'm really looking forward to working with them. They ran through all the formal interview things then asked me questions about Las Vegas. Moving from Las Vegas seems to be a big hit. People always have a story about Vegas because many people have visited there. It's great to talk about what it's really like to live there. I've come to appreciate Vegas even more- it holds a piece of my heart. Anyways, I'm so excited! I celebrated with a kebab and chips with vinegar. Mmmmm.... I feel great. I can't wait to start!
For some reason the English are baffled with my name. Well done Mum and Dad. I hear "Misty? Is that short for something?" "How do you spell that?" and my personal 'favourite' "Misty.... that's sort of an odd name isn't it?" At the job interview today I heard the best one so far. They said, "Were you named after the character in the movie 'Play Misty For Me'?" Me: "No... I don't even know what it's about actually." Them: "Oh... Misty is this... well... she's a psychopath ... or something.... Sorry... On second thought, I bet your parents didn't name you after that movie." The lady was pretty embarrassed and we had a good laugh. I love England....
I was also glad to hear that everyone was safe through the earthquakes this week. I'm actually sad I missed it! Earthquakes are so crazy and I haven't felt one in ages... I tried calling everyone when I found out but I couldn't get a hold of anyone cause the phone lines were congested/messed up but I heard everyone was accounted for. I love all of you California family and friends!

1 comment:
Actually, when you think of the word "Misty", psychopath is the first word that pops into my mind!!
HA HA HA
Post a Comment