Friday, 15 August 2008

The London Temple

Last Friday night I was able to go with my ward to the London temple!!! It was so amazing!!! On the train ride there I was so excited. This is a picture of our friend Mary, my roommate Megan, and me. I love train rides. We got to sit and have a lovely chat about random things.

The London temple is actually right outside of London. It is an hour and 15 minutes away from Victoria station. You take a short 5 minute cab right from the train station to the temple and you're there- the happiest place on earth!

As you can see, I was terribly excited about the whole ordeal. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. There is a bridge, ducks, fish, and lots of grass to wander around on. I loved running around on the grass and being as happy as a lark.

For those of you that aren't too familiar with Latter-Day Saint (aka Mormon) beliefs, read on: "To members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the temple is the "House of the Lord." It is a sacred building, and after its dedication only faithful members of the Church may enter. Inside, members learn more about the purpose of life and make covenants to serve Jesus Christ and their fellow man. In addition, they participate in religious ceremonies that reach beyond mortality, such as baptisms on behalf of deceased ancestors and eternal marriage. " - http://www.lds.org/temples/faq/0,11264,1904-1,00.html Click on the link to go to a page that talks about some frequently asked questions about the temple.

Last week I met with my bishop and we talked about the temple a bit. He and I have known that the temple brings peace and happiness... but after our conversation, I looked forward to going even more. I feel so strongly that that is what I want in my life: to get married in the temple someday. My mom was married in the temple and I know that she has added peace in her life and marriage because of it. I felt some of that happiness while I was there and can't think of a better way to have spent my Friday night.

I took this last picture just before we went in the temple. So beautiful... Heavenly Father must be a painter.



No comments: