Monday, 7 July 2008

7/7/2005

I just wanted to reflect a bit about what happened in London 3 years ago...

This morning I left my house for work at 8:30. I walked for 15 minutes to get to the tube station, took the Metropolitan line to Farringdon Station (about 40 minutes), and walked about 2 minutes to work. I would say this is pretty average... Lots of people commute from different areas of London to work in ccentral London. This got me thinking...

3 years go, at 8:50 there was 1 explosion on a bus and 3 explosions in the tubes. 2 of which were on lines that I regularly take. I was reading about some of the stories of people that were just on their way to work for the day. Mind you, public transport in London is not like America. In Vegas for example, you only take the bus if you're poor pretty much. The difference with the transport here is that EVERYONE takes the tubes- man, woman, rich, poor, everyone! It has become more real to me as i live and travel in the exact places that have been attacked. 52 people were killed and 700 injured. What a tragedy to lose so many people. My heart goes out to all those that were affected. It makes me want to live life and express my love to the people I care about in a way that they can't doubt it because life is so short... but we have a purpose... http://www.mormon.org

2 comments:

Tori said...

Hay, Girl, How are you? It's your long lost room mate I saw that you have a blog through brandi. I have one too if you want to check it out to see what my little Kaleb, matt and I are up to. My parents asked about you just yesterday! I will tell them about your blog. Misty, have the time of your life in London! See you bloging!

Anonymous said...

What are you heartless? Telling your momma that you take the very trains that killed lots of people! everyday people on their way to work just like you? MISTY! STAY OFF OF THE TRAIN Love, yo mama:)