Friday, 20 June 2008

All by myself

I did a lot of things by myself for the first time.  I had to go to an orientation meeting somewhere in London.  Everything was great and on schedule until I got n the wrong train.  It was going in the right direction but it turns out that some trains come from so far up north that they don't go all the way south.  

I finally got on the right train and everything was ok. I laughed at myself quite
 a bit.  Since i took that little detour I was late for my meeting.  They let me in though and I got a lot of help with things like opening up a bank account, changing my resume to a CV (it's the same thing they call it something different)  and getting a cell phone.  On the way home, I rode on the top of a double decker bus.  It was so cool!

I also went to my ward's FHE.  For 
those of you that don't know what all that means, I'll catch you up.  In the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have "wards" which is a congregation of people deter mined geographically.  
We have a night set apart for families to spend time together called Family Home Evening or FHE for short. I am in a
 Single's ward which means it is a congregation of people all under the age of 30. It's pretty cool.  


I am in the Britannia Singles ward and there are about 150 that meet every Sunday all over London.  
Anyways, we met up for FHE at Hyde Park.  We played ultimate frisbee and ate treats.  It 
was absolutely beautiful.




Afterwards, us roommates decided it was a nice night to walk to so we made our way to a tube station closer to our house.  

As we walked, I was so excited to be there... the 
cool air, tucked 
away gardens and tree lined paths were 
gorgeous. 
See me frolicking the in the rose garden?  










These are 2 of my roommates(below/right): Ferne and Megan.  Ferne grew up in England and Megan is Australian.  I also live with another Australian girl named Larissa so I'm completely surrounded by beautiful accents!  






 Along the way we found some geese and fed them some of our left over treats from FHE.  They were city geese so they were kinda scar
y... but still 
cool
.  














On our way home we ended up walking past the 
Wellington Arch.  It was so beautiful lit up at night... It was definitely one of those times where I can't believe I live here.  I love it.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your ita sent me your email and I just finished looking at your photos and notes. I am so glad that you are enjoying yourself and look forward to more entries on your site.

Ita just interrupted my typing calling from Paradise so excuse any typos.
Paula