Today was our last day in Scotland. So sad! My goodness, I have loved it here. My grandpa had traveled all over the world he said that Scotland has been his favorite place. I have loved it too. The highlands were one of my favorite places in the world. The fields of heather were gorgeous. The cows and sheep were cool to watch. I loved everything.
My grandma and I went shopping by ourselves this morning in Edinburgh because my grandpa went golfing with Vince. She and I walked about the Royal Mile. We ate some food but the night before I got a little bit of a cold so we stopped to get me some medicine.
We had some problems with our hotel so we decided to leave right away and get ourselves over to the airport. Saying goodbye to Vince was sad. He was a lovely man. He was like a nice grandpa type man. Reserved and a gentleman. Hooray for Vince!
We arrived in Dublin, Ireland around 6 pm and met our new driver- Frank. He is a fun Irish man who has been trying to get to know us and tells us lots of jokes. He and I found a good common ground as we both like to make fun of the English. Haha! We drove for awhile all the way out to Waterford. I was feeling really sluggish this day so I really just wanted to get to our hotel. Directions in Ireland are SUPER sketchy. We weren't sure if we were going the right way so we pulled over to ask a man for directions and it turned out we were going the same way he was so he asked for a lift! The people here seem friendly and talkative. We dropped him off and continued to go to the hotel.
The castle/hotel was on an island so we took a ferry over! It was brilliant! The castle was 600 years old! We went to dinner in the hotel and it was soooo posh. We had an amazing tasty main course. I had steak- it was the only normal looking thing on the menu.. dang rich people food!
We waited for a really long time to get dessert so of course SOMEONE got impatient and decided to leave. We all went up to our rooms and I tried to get on the wireless internet but reception told me it wouldn't reach to my room. I went downstairs and since SOMEONE was so impatient, we didn't tell anyone we were all going to our rooms. About 3 different staff members were in a tizzy trying to find out if they could serve us our dessert still so I said I'd take it. I went and sat down on a big couch in front of the fire with my warm apple rhubarb crumble. Lets think about this for a second- I'm in Ireland, in a castle, eating dessert, by a fire, checking my email. DANG. I don't know how I am this lucky. My grandparents spoil me.

2 comments:
You're enjoying the good life, Miss. But I still prefer grooving in the jungle.
Hey thanks.... Who are you?
Post a Comment